What can turnkey PCB provide you
In the modern age, technology is seeing advancements at a very fast pace. Therefore, industries are required to build products in a short time, with minimal costs, and the best quality. This is why PCB manufacturers are facing abundant challenges. Turnkey PCB is therefore considered an ultimate solution for having PCBs in a short time, less expense, and greater quality.
What is turnkey PCB?
The turnkey PCB is elaborated as the solution of electronic assembly that offers cost-effective and efficient ways for testing and building circuit boards for making novel products. These new products are having small lead time, less expense of manufacturing, and enhanced quality.
What are the features of turnkey PCB project?
The following are some major features of turnkey PCB elaborated with adequate details.
- Prototype: In the beginning stages, the development of any project is dealing with the conceptual design and prototype. The prototypes are to be produced in fewer numbers and the turnkey PCB project can be of great use here. This is avoiding the procurement of components at high prices because of less quantity of boards. Turnkey assembly is further reducing the cost of production.
- Greater quality: The turnkey PCB is delivering high-quality boards by utilizing different methods of silkscreen, solder resistance, and standard laminates. Furthermore, the accurate pick and place method for the placement of components is enhancing the quality.
- Detection of problems in early stages: The turnkey PCB has the advantage that problems can be identified in the early stages of production because of the abundant design reviews.
- Fast turnaround time: The turnkey PCB process is capable of producing PCBs with less turnaround time.
- Diligent management: Hassle-free management is one of the key features of turnkey PCB. All updates on the project are readily available at a single contact point.
What are the advantages of turnkey PCB Assembly?
The following are some advantages of turnkey PCB.
- Less time of production: The turnkey PCBs can be produced in less time as the process of production is streamlined and cost-effective too.
- Simple components sourcing: The production of turnkey PCB is comprised of the components sourcing in a simpler way that eradicates the chances of issues related to compatibility and errors.
- Lesser time of transportation: One of the advantages is less transportation time as almost all arrangements are made in the same facility for producing turnkey PCB.
- Fewer chances of errors: The chances of errors are minimized because of the involvement of a single company in the manufacturing of turnkey PCB.
- Cheap costs: The costs of turnkey PCB manufacturing are low as the manufacturers adapt contemporary methods for the production of components, controlling quality, and assembly.
What are the disadvantages of turnkey PCB Assembly?
The disadvantages of turnkey PCB comprise the following.
- Control: The entire control is handed over to the manufacturer and hence you have no control over the manufacturing process.
- Loss of design: As you have no control over the manufacturing process, you may lose your design and someone can copy it if the manufacturer loses it.
How do turnkey PCB projects work?
The projects related to turnkey PCB work in the manner having following major steps.
- Manufacturing of turnkey PCB: This is the first step when a client has the Gerber file provided to the PCB manufacturer. Afterward, the PCB is fabricated within a facility having state-of-the-art equipment and following standards.
- Components sourcing: The components mounted onto the turnkey PCB must be of great quality. Therefore, the components sourcing should be made from an authentic and genuine dealer.
- PCB Assembly and its tests: After the manufacturing of the turnkey PCB, all required PCB assembly tests are to be conducted to check its quality. Furthermore, additional tests such as X-Ray inspection must also be conducted to ensure the PCBs are error-free and of good quality.
- Shipping: After the turnkey PCB qualifies for all required tests, these are to be shipped. However, the packaging must be ensured to be damage-free so that PCBs don’t have any wreckage.
What is the difference between partial turnkey and full turnkey?
The main difference between partial and full turnkey PCB is in the process of assembly. The partial turnkey PCB is one where only a certain portion of the process of assembly is outsourced. The process of partial turnkey expedites the process of manufacturing because the manufacturer is having most of the necessary tools, parts, and components.
This is how the manufacturer also saves some expenses. Full turnkey PCB is where the manufacturer has to manage the entire process of assembly. None of the parts are outsourced and the required things are a bill of material, dimension of the product, Gerber files, packaging requirements, and shipping address.
Is turnkey the same as design and build?
The turnkey PCB projects have a lot to offer to the manufacturers such as complete control of the design. Furthermore, the turnkey project is having services related to project management too. The contractor is determining the allocation of the budget and schedules.
The solution is capable of defending against difficulties and delays. The contractor is also responsibility of build the PCB along with the design. However, there is a drawback to this method as the completion takes a little longer. Furthermore, the budget is also expected to exceed the original expenses.
What is difference between EPC and turnkey?
EPC is considered as the contract that comprises the engineering, procurement, and construction while turnkey is known as a contract that is also comprised of engineering, procurement, and construction. However, by looking at the definition, both turnkey and EPC are the same but have differences mentioned below.
- EPC is where the employer is delivering the entire basic engineering to the contractor and later is responsible for performing thorough design.
- Turnkey is where the employer is delivering the technical specification of the project and the contractor has the responsibility of preparing the basic and thorough design.
The turnkey PCB is elaborated as the solution of electronic assembly that offers cost-effective and efficient ways for testing and building circuit boards for making novel products.
- Less Time of Production
- Simple Components Sourcing
- Lesser Time of Transportation
- Fewer Chances of Errors
- Cheap Costs
The main difference between partial and full turnkey PCB is in the process of assembly. The partial turnkey PCB is one where only a certain portion of the process of assembly is outsourced. Full turnkey PCB is where the manufacturer has to manage the entire process of assembly.
It can be concluded that turnkey PCB is the perfect solution for having a cost-effective design with an epic performance. The turnkey PCB is the ultimate solution for small and start-up businesses that are interested in bringing a small quantity of PCBs into the market irrespective of investing much capital. The quick-turnaround of PCBs is making it perfect for the companies to adapt.